This is one of the most popular doctrines, these days.
However, the scale of unbalanced teaching on the subject is alarming.
The fear mongering, attendant to those lopsided teachings, has sown bitterness, discord, suspicion, superstition in families & regrettably, produced a bunch of believers, reluctant to study the New Testament for themselves.
My book… the Lord instructed me to write on the subject…I suggest you read it. Or at least, read some (preview) pages on the internet.
“Growing In Deliverance And Spiritual Warfare”…(Prophetic Wisdom for the New Generation)”… Maitland, Xulon Press, 2009.
1. Now, to the substantial issues:
Why is it that all Scriptures often quoted in support of ” generational curses” are in the Old Testament ? And not New Testament.
2.The Gospel of Jesus is often left behind while the emphasis is on ” generational curses”. What, then, did Christ accomplish at the Cross ?
3. Jesus never made “generational curses” His primary subject of ministry. Why are we changing the simplicity of the Gospel ?
4.The very thing, Apostle Paul warned us to AVOID is what we have embraced with zeal.
(1Tim1:3-4)…(Titus 3:8-9). Read, for yourself.
5. In this Gospel of Christ…the search for “geneologies” is grouped along with “fables”, “foolish questions”, ” contentions” & “strivings”.
6. Gal.3:13…” Christ has REDEEMED us from the curse of the law, being MADE A CURSE for US…for it is written, cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree.”
7.The preponderance of psycho-analysis diminishes the real New Testament ministry of prayer, signs & wonders.
8.The Lord did not “do” (practise) & “teach” such methods.
Acts.1:1…”The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began BOTH to do & teach”.
9.No where in the Gospels… Book of Acts…or the Epistles, do we see “generational curses” as relevant topic in our Salvation & Deliverance.
10. Why ? Bcos Christ “became” the curse for us. The Good News. That is what we should be preaching.
Even when those, living in fear of “hereditary” curses…come to us…we should proclaim the victory of the Mighty Conqueror at Calvary…& lead them to full Deliverance.
11. Beloved…have you ever read this Scripture…
…Col.2:14…”Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us…which was contrary to us…& took it out of the way…nailing it to his cross…
Verse 15:…”And having spoiled principalities & powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it”.
12. “Generational curses” ?
All curses ?
Jesus took every “handwriting” OUT OF THE WAY for you & NAILED it to his Cross.
Why are they bringing back on the people what Jesus took out of the way ?
In your life, the curse is no longer there, if you believe the Word. Align yourself with the Word.
Believe & walk in the light.
Simple as that ? Yes. Simple as that.
PROPHETIC PRAYER POWER